Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Who Gets The Heavy Burden Now?

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 [KJV]

In this passage of Matthew, we see that Christ is requesting that we come to Him and receive rest. All that He ask is that we learn about Him. There couldn't be a simpler way to give away our heavy burden, right. But we have questions about the burden that we are giving up? Like "Who gets the heavy burden now?

If Christ is not concerned with that, why should we be concerned with that? We spend a lot of time trying to figure out how God does His Work instead of enjoying his work. We want to know the inner workings of how things are accomplished for us. Sometimes we are curious, or want to be amazed, or sometimes we want to see how we can do it ourselves. God's ways are mysterious and His Wonders to perform are a benefit for us when we need one (and we often do).

He will handle the heavy burden if we take on His Yoke and follow His Commandments. Don't worry about the burden that we are laying down, just about the new journey that we are starting.

Be Encouraged,

Martin

No comments: