Wednesday, May 7, 2008

But I am not having a great time right now.......

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I Thessalonians 5:16-18 [KJV]

How can I do this? My job is gone, my finances are in trouble, my wife/husband and I are having trouble relating, my children are not demonstrating Christian qualities, my church is going through some trouble. These are a few of the many circumstances that cause us to wonder about how God can ask us to rejoice, pray and give thanks. We don't feel like God is looking out for our best interest. We feel as if God has moved on from our lives and we have no way to bring Him back in.

The scripture teaches us that He is always with us even until the end of time. He will never leave nor forsake us. God has a larger plan for each of us that would include how we handle adversity when it comes around. When we think of handling adversity, we often think of Job. He was able to keep his faith and live with God and was eventually restored. Sometimes we cannot wait for the eventually and start our own plan to restoration. God has a plan and that plan will always result in Him getting the glory and for us, the satisfaction that we are in the will and protection of God.

Be Encouraged,

Martin

No comments: