Thursday, June 19, 2008

Convenient but not Benefical

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. And God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power.
1 Corinthians 6:12-14 (NKJV)


In a world so engrossed and taken in by its own defined freedom, the freedom without bounds, freedom to self destructive lifestyles and the like are rampant and gaining public acclaim by the day. Apostle Paul also agreed with the sayings of the day too. As I have the freedom to be whatever I want to be and do whatever pleases me, it isn't all things that are helpful and beneficial to my long term interests and eternity. Because I can doesn't mean I should plant the seeds of destruction in my life and my generation. The choice like in the days of the Apostle is ours to make. Our body and spirit are to bring glory to Him. Our actions are a by-product of our spirit content and that drives our physical actions. All immorality and evil are initiated and hatched from the heart and they must be dealt with at that source.

All things may be lawful and convenient, but not all are beneficial to our cause. In all things, we must glorify God both in body and spirit.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: