Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Work to win

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.
1 Corinthians 9:19-23 (NKJV)

As members of the Body of Christ, our common goal of increasing the Kingdom must not be relegated to the cares and issues of our times and world, rather we must seek wisdom to navigate what seems to be a complex mix of God's children and creations. Paul from the above scripture employed different strategies but with one underlying goal that is to bring salvation to as many that will receive and accept it. We are the salt and light of the world, while we set to win for the Kingdom of God, we must not be influenced by the world but we must influence the world lest we lose our taste and flavor.

Let us with certainty run the race set before us, impact our generation and bring value to God's kingdom here on earth with heavenly wisdom. We must not take our eyes away from the ball even in the midst of all the different attractions.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: