Friday, November 30, 2007

Power in Truth

For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
Roman 7:15 (NKJV)

It is true we go through our challenging and struggling seasons. With warring parts in our members like in Apostle Paul's experience, we must confront the weaknesses in our lives with the truth of God’s empowering word.

And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.
John 8:32 (NKJV)

Knowing the way and the truth are desirable and commendable things, but the knowledge alone will not change us from our broken and condemned state. It is the application of the truth by the power of the Holy Spirit in our daily walk that will bring about the real renewal of our mind. This transformation sets us completely free.

Brothers and Sisters, going it alone usually doesn’t work. But we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. It is this strength and applying power that I pray for us today. May we continually find the ‘truth-applying’ power to every season and times of our lives, Amen.

Be Encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: