Monday, November 12, 2007

Our own undoing

Friends,

Lest we forget that the ongoing work of sanctification is accomplished by the LORD and not by us, we would do well to remember what Isaiah recorded:

Isaiah 6:5
So I said:
Woe is me, for I am undone!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King,
The LORD of hosts.

Isaiah was no slouch. He was a faithful man of God, dramatically used to remind Israel of the promises made and kept over many generations. He spoke boldly and forcefully against the rebellion of that day (and of our times, for that matter). And for all the anointing that fell upon him, even he recognized his inadequacy in the face of a Holy God.

What about you, brothers and sisters? Do you realize that we are in no way, shape, or form, worthy of being the presence of God? When we come to that place, we can finally begin to understand the fullness of grace that He has bestowed upon us. It is the beginning of revelation... to understand the depth of His love for us.

Be encouraged,
Jose

No comments: