Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Ready To Serve

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. Psalm 51:7-14 [KJV]

How do we get ready to serve? First we have to go to God and get in the right spirit. Not in the right frame of mind, but in the right spirit, because once the spirit is right, it will help the frame of mind. David was caught red handed stealing and covering up. He had no other out, but to go to God and get ready to serve again.

How do we do that? We must go to God and line up with Him again. He will be able to complete the list of things above in our life so that we can get to our assigned task. Praise, worship and service are the tasks that we are called to do. Let's get back in the game and be ready to serve.

Be Encouraged,

Martin

No comments: