Thursday, November 8, 2007

Signs and Wonders

Friends,

One of the reasons I'm so glad to be a Christian is that Jesus has created a genuine relationship between us. And as a result, I get the privilege of hearing from Him and speaking with Him.

This morning, I stopped at a convenience store for a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich. I wasn't going to, but I could really sense His leading in this... even if it was something as seemingly trivial as a egg, cheese and turkey sausage on a pancake (which is really good, by the way). Then I walked out of the store and saw it: a beautiful rainbow painting its way across the morning sky. Then I noticed a flock of geese slicing their way south. I stepped out into the cold air ... and that's when it hit me.

This is my absolute favorite kind of day!

God had planned all of these things. And sure, I wasn't the only person that realized that it was a cool, autumn morning. And surely there were others who saw those geese and that rainbow. But God wanted me to see them, and to take note of them. Without the little detour into that store, I would have driven to work struggling through the hundreds of thoughts competing for my attention, never taking the time to speak to my Lord.

But because He loves me, he changed my direction and had me notice what He does. And when I thanked the Lord for this perfect day, we got to talking, which turned a mundane morning commute into a time of prayer and worship.

Be encouraged,
Jose

No comments: