Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Double for your trouble

He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.”
Psalm 91:15-16 (NKJV)

The world will never be issue-free - scarcity, abundance, births, deaths, celebration, anguish, pain and pleasures and the like will continue to envelope the earth realm, but yet in all these things, The Lord assured us in John 16:33 "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world". So to wish this 'mix of life' away is to live in denial of His word. However the main issue here is where we are and who we are aligned with when the going gets smooth and rough in life. When the boats of our life gets rocked vigorously, we can experience peace in a realistic and visibly disturbed world.

Rather than worry and panic and fret, in a storm, we praise and thank Him through it. Then we become a beacon and an instrument through which He shines to the world. Even in our trouble, He gives us double.... not only will He deliver us, He will also honor us. But wait there's more.... With Long life will He satisfy us and show us His salvation. This is our portion in Him.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: