Thursday, October 11, 2007

Remembrance takes us to gratitude

Friends,

Whenever I remember the cross, it causes me to be express such gratitude for what Christ has done. But it doesn't compare to the feeling I get when I remember that my actions deserved the cross. Before entering the Promised Land, Moses instructed Israel to conduct a special ceremony that illustrates this very point.

Deuteronomy 26:5, 10b-11 (NKJV)
And you shall answer and say before the LORD your God: My father was a Syrian, about to perish, and he went down to Egypt and dwelt there, few in number; and there he became a nation, great, mighty, and populous.

Then you shall set it [your sacrifice] before the LORD your God, and worship before the LORD your God. So you shall rejoice in every good thing which the LORD your God has given to you and your house, you and the Levite and the stranger who is among you.

This passage starts with the acknowledgment of sinfulness (my father was a Syrian) and takes us right into sacrifice and then to the party (rejoice in every good thing).

For us to truly appreciate the work of Christ at Calvary, we must appreciate the depth of our depravity. As a result, the sufficiency of grace becomes amazing and awe-inspiring. Bless the Lord, brothers and sisters. For He has forgiven us who so desperately need that forgiveness.

Be encouraged,
Jose

No comments: