Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Understanding Your Feelings

On Sunday, we had a frank discussion about addiction in our service. I was moved to hear someone talk about the addicts demeanor and feelings.  I was moved by the affect the addict had on their own life and the life of people around them.

It also affected me from a memory standpoint and I have been upset every since the service.  I realize that I am mad about how I felt about the addicts that I have known in my life.  I know that we sometimes think that people should just get over themselves and move on.  I know that I have that feeling often.  However, when we take that path, we miss an important blessing concerning forgiveness.  Remember this verse:

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15 [KJV]

We must know that we must understand why we feel the way we do so that we can work with Christ on how we should love our brother and sister.  This is not to tell you to never get mad, but remember that we are not to let our anger lead to sin.  We need to be truthful to ourselves, because God already knows the truth.  He is just waiting for us to come around.  He is never in a rush, but we should be so that we can ensure that we are showing people the way to Christ.  Someone is following you to the cross and we should lead them in love and in earnest. 

Be Encouraged,


Martin

No comments: