Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hidden treasure

How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You.
Psalm 119:9-11 (NKJV)

The world is full of distractions and attractions. Distractions to take our mind away from the real focus and attractions to compete with and choke our sincere efforts and commitments to our goals. But how can an active and young mind at heart keep and cleanse his way? how can one keep from straying into the trap of self-destruction? it is through precise response to the word of God which is our compass for navigating this complex and tortuous world. The word must be hidden and kept in our heart for keeping us out of vicious and relentless influences of the world.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1 (NKJV)

When this word (God) is clearly hidden and guarded in our heart, then we can be guided and kept from derailing from our purpose and eternity.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: