Wednesday, January 7, 2009

God is Faithful

But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny. Matthew 20:10 [KJV]

God is faithful even when life is not fair. He will provide when there seems to be no means.  He has a plan when we think all is lost.  I was reading that message this morning when I realized that God has been treating me better than I ever deserved.  He continues to provide for me and my family over the many years and I was wondering in the newness of 2009 how many of us are thinking that same thing.  

It has never been about what I could or would do for God, but His Love for me.  As I was reading and remembering this parable, the folks that started working early in the morning, were upset that the folks who came late to the workplace got the same pay.  They wanted to change what they had agreed to because they felt that it was unfair.  God is faithful through the unfairness because He delivered as promised. He will continue to deliver as promised because God is not a man that can lie or go back on His Promises. That is why He is faithful in spite of us. 

Be Encouraged,


Martin 

No comments: