Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stay Focused

Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, and I shall keep it to the end. Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law; Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart. Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.
Psalm 119:33-35 (NKJV)

In a situation and season of uncertainty and dread, keeping one's eye on the ball, keeping the cool and staying on course (if one has a goal and destination) can be a daunting task. Our human DNA may find the act of successfully juggling and keeping these numerous tasks and complexities in perfect sync, but a higher power teaches, empowers, helps perfect and gives divine direction (where we work and act smart and being proactive rather than reactive) ... the Holy Spirit helps us navigate these complexities and enables us perform exploits with excellence in the face of chaos, disorder, and hopelessness. How can one pull this through? King David sought the same...

Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to covetousness. Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way.
Psalm 119:36-37 (NKJV)

It takes inner strength powered by the Holy Spirit inside of us to easily cut off the distractions and attractions that lead to no where but destruction. Then we can renew our strength on the go, never getting weary even in the fiercest of races and can remain strong in our steady walk of faith. The secret to staying focus is to ask for help from God and acknowledge our vulnerable and fragile nature.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: