Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Redeemer lives

“Look, I go forward, but He is not there, and backward, but I cannot perceive Him; When He works on the left hand, I cannot behold Him; When He turns to the right hand, I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.
Job 23:8-10 (NKJV)

A lifetime summary is a synopsis of the beginning, mid and end of the exploits of someone. This summary gives a detailed and full perspective view of the entire history of the person and not just part of it. The story and summary of Job was almost defined by his worst season when he lost all he had. But he (Job) never succumbed to the limited and transient challenging moment of his life, neither did he base his next life's decision based on the tragic turn of events in his life.

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth;
Job 19:25 (NKJV)

In a season, it may be hard to perceive the presence of the Creator in some of our circumstances and situations. We must refused to be defined by just our present circumstances. Our life is in God's hands. Even though we may not see or feel Him like Job, we know after he has tested us, we shall come forth as gold.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: