Thursday, February 19, 2009

Saying the right things

Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.
Psalms 141:3 (NKJV)

Are you spontaneous in your response to stimuli? Do you just react verbally to just about everything without restraint? The wise usually spend time analyzing, filtering and sifting their words before speaking them out. Words are powerful, a creative force and one that can take a soul of its own. Speaking well and saying the right things is also at the core of our ability to navigate through life's challenges.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14 (NKJV)

Guard the gates of your heart and mind for from there comes the cares of life. Speak life into your life.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: