Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Diverse strategies, one intent

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God,[d] but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.
1 Corinthians 9:19-23 (NKJV)

Apostle Paul's mission and intent was clearly defined. He had a goal worthy of pursuing to its logical conclusion. Like the Lord Jesus Christ clearly displayed in the gospels, the strategies of the gospel are dynamic and multi-varied with all resulting in one common goal - winning souls for the Kingdom of God. From the Apostle's stated strategies here, there isn't any clear cut pattern or one single way by which to reach this objective, the end here justifies the means of winning precious souls that the King of Kings died for.

Our goal is to serve all men..... atheist, unbelievers, murderers, adulterers, etc. Their soul is precious to Him and nothing is too much for us to do to reach these for the Kingdom sake. It is part of our individual and collective mission, and we must not shy away from it or be ignorant of it.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: