Monday, July 28, 2008

Beware of the fascination

Friends,

I confess that I find myself, on occasion, heavily distracted by politics. Even though there is no question as to who I am voting for and why, I still catch myself seeking out news and opinions on this year's presidential race. Perhaps that's why the Lord pointed out this verse to me today.

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ
- Philippians 3:20, NKJV

So yes, I have responsibilities that come as part of life on this planet, in this country. And those responsibilities include voting according to my beliefs and values (as opposed to media popularity). But I suspect that I'm not alone when it comes to needing help in staying focused on what is eternal, as opposed to what is noisy.

Let us pray together that we be diligent in our duties, but not at the expense of being devoted to Christ.

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: