Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Grace for the Purpose

1 Corinthians 15:10-11 NKJV
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

Paul acknowledged something crucial and important for all God’s children. He recognizes how far the Lord has brought us. He also identified the enormity of the Creator’s grace on His life (as a former persecutor of the Church) and more importantly, he was being conscious of the fact that his being a recipient of this grace was not in vain but for a purpose. The steadfast love and newness of His mercies for you and I are not in vain, but for the purpose of the fulfillment of a mission and goal.

1 Corinthians 15:58 NKJV
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

We must not forget the purpose of our calling and the freely given grace. The Kingdom work and our role must never take a back sit, but we must abound in Kingdom work, for the grace is for a purpose and our efforts are not in vain.


Be Encouraged,

Afolabi Oghafua

No comments: