Friday, September 16, 2011

Courage in the face of the enemy

Friends,

As believers, we are under constant attack from the enemies of God. Satan and his host of fallen angels seeks to destroy His followers at every turn. The flesh is ever-ready to succumb to temptation. And the world daily expresses its hatred of Christ and His people.

We are truly faced with a ruthless and persistent enemy. And yet we can be brave.

Psalm 3:5-6
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the LORD sustained me.
I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who have set themselves against me all around.
NKJV

We can sleep peacefully, knowing that the LORD sustains us with the same vigor and endurance that He sustained David, the writer of these verses. No matter who was aligned themselves against God's Kingdom, we can face them. The Lord shall be victorious. And so shall we!

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: