Friday, February 4, 2011

Who do you love?

Friends,

Even the atheists have an object of worship. The proof goes far beyond the cavalier.* The one who decides that there is no moral difference between the uniformed soldier fighting in the open and the man shooting his gun from inside a schoolhouse has come to that conclusion from some moral starting point, some code. Where did that code come from? A romantic might say that looked deep within himself. And that is the problem.

Psalm 18:1-2
I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

There is a massive difference between loving the LORD, between worshiping, trusting and obeying Him and loving, worshiping and trusting only ourselves. God is the same. His Word does not change. His commands never lose their power or their relevance. The same cannot be said for you or me.

Like it or not, we all have a code we live by.
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob...
The God of King David and King Solomon...
The One who stepped off the throne in order to redeem His people ...

Jesus calls us to live by His code.

Be encouraged, Jose



* When an atheist flippantly exclaims, "Thank God!" ... just who are they talking to?

No comments: