Wednesday, December 15, 2010

God made the first move

Friends,

We are in a covenant with Almighty God. It is a new covenant, because we cannot keep the old covenant of works. Because of Adam's disobedience, we are unable even to desire to keep the original covenant. But the LORD decided to extend His grace to us:

Jeremiah 31:33
But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. [NKJV]

It is important to notice something very subtle in this passage. It is that God is speaking in the first person, and is declaring what He is going to do. You and I were incapable of initiating this new covenant. Because of original sin, we had no desire for peace or reconciliation with God.

Rather, God Himself sent His Only Begotten Son ... an amazing invasion of this fallen world ... to fulfill all of the conditions required of being in the eternal presence of the Father. And by doing so, He formed the relationship that we - as His followers and His children - so desperately need.

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: