Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Do you get it?

1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.” 5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
John 14:1-6 (NKJV)


Man is generally confronted with the issues of life, legitimate concerns too as they are and the fear of the unknown continues to harass the timid and rational mind. A state where majority are constantly in. But when we enter into a relationship, trust must take firm root and must remain unshaken even in the midst of hurricane currents and winds of doubt and disbelieve. Thomas was one of our Lord's disciples, he manned up to ask the Savior... I hear all this rhetoric in sermons, TV programs, Radio presentations, books, magazines, online, etc. There is so much hypocrisy out there, many false teachers, preachers, and self-professed ministers of the gospels that confuse rather than convince us of the way, we are still struggling with this message, what's the real deal? This is actually my 21st century version of how Thomas may have asked the same question.

The Lord's response was simple and still relevant to this day.... Let not your heart be troubled, believe in God, believe also in me ("NOT MAN or anything else"). I am the way, truth and the life. Connection with the Lord is connection with God the Father and operation in love. In this state, fear and its siblings have no place.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: