Friday, July 30, 2010

Answers to big questions

Friends,

Sometimes, when we can rise above the course of daily events, men and women have important and far-reaching questions. These kinds of questions take time and meditation to answer adequately. They require imagination, creativity, and an open heart.

Does our God truly have the capacity to redeem this fallen soul?
Is the LORD able to overcome the massive evil that is our sin?

Big questions like these are nothing new.

Isaiah 50:2a
Why, when I came, was there no man?
Why, when I called, was there none to answer?
Is My hand shortened at all that it cannot redeem?
Or have I no power to deliver?

Of course, we do not need to search far for the answers to these questions ...

Isaiah 50:2b
Indeed with My rebuke I dry up the sea,
I make the rivers a wilderness;
Their fish stink because there is no water,
And die of thirst. [NKJV]

Almighty God truly does have the full and limitless power to dry up the seas. He can do this with one word. He can darken the sun, calm the seas, raise the dead, give sight to the blind.

He does all these things ... and nothing can stop Him from redeeming His elect people.

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: