Monday, October 12, 2009

In the morning

Friends,

There are times when the sky is dark and threatening; when we are pressed by the enemy's attacks. Be not ashamed of crying out to God. He hears you when you are afflicted and burdened...

Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You.
-- Psalm 143:8 [NKJV]

Notice that David does not ask God to fast-forward through the night. Rather, the psalmist expects the morning to come; he trusts in the faithfulness of the Lord. And in that morning, brothers and sisters -- indeed on this very morning -- we shall see the great mercy, patience and lovingkindness of our Father, who sent His only begotten Son to redeem us.

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: