Monday, May 25, 2009

Use your words wisely

Friends,

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him. -- NKJV

We sing songs for a multitude of reasons. To make our beloved feel special. To lament a tragedy. To issue a call for change or justice. To celebrate and memorialize a great victory. To mourn the passing of good truck.

But here, in Psalm 28, King David bestows the greatest of all purposes to his song. He declares that it shall be to praise the LORD -- his strength and shield.

What are you singing for today? What are you using your words to do? To complain? To belittle? To criticize? Or are you using them to edify, to bless and the lift high the Holy Name of Christ Jesus!

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: