Monday, May 4, 2009

That was fast

Friends,

Saturday's devotional was focused on the need for elders to come forth. What happened Sunday was unexpected, but it shouldn't have been surprising ...

And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
John 14:13-14 [NKJV]
We had a fellowship out our home to celebrate some of the birthdays taking place this month within our group of believing friends. Included in those whose presence graced our home was the husband of two of the "birthday girls'" close friends. He is an older man ... quiet, unassuming, and an unapologetic follower of Christ.

We talked and laughed for a few hours. Through it all, I was struck by God's amazing and gracious answer to my prayer. Here was an elder ... a real man who has lived as God has called him to live, who has obeyed God's call to work, to love, and to make time to study His word, and who seemed to take a genuine interest a guy 30 years his junior. It may be Lord's will that we have more opportunities to spend time together; or it may not. Either way, I am grateful for God's divine provision.

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: