Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Worship as a lifestyle

Over the weekend, I was at church service and the subject was worship. The minister that brought the message made some interesting points including that worship is a lifestyle and not just an action. For me, that resonated with one of my favorite greeting questions, "How you living?" So based on the message, maybe the good answer is "worshipping God with my whole being" or something to that effect, but you get the picture.

Another point is that if worship is a lifestyle, then that encompasses more than singing. Now, I have been a believer for a while and attending different services, but I will tell you that this truly the first time I heard this subject from the pulpit. I was surprised after I thought about the message and the subject, but sometimes there are many things in this walk that we take for granted and must really pray our vision past the obvious to see the truth.

The subject verse was the following: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:1-2 [KJV]

Be Encouraged

Martin

No comments: