Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Keep pressing

12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:12-14 (NKJV)

We strive, we try and gain grounds, but in some instances we drop the ball. Being formed in our Adamic nature, a naturally rebellious DNA, it is easy and convenient to slide back into sin and iniquity. The enemy within whispers constantly.... you need a break, you are human, you can't, etc. All the lies of discouragement and deceit. These antics and episodes of the past is what we must put behind daily, but pressing forward to the mark of perfection, pursuing all righteousness and the prize of the upward call in Christ Jesus.

This is a good goal and mission statement. Keep pressing towards the goal set forth in the above scripture. With our eyes set on the prize, we will easily identify the distractions of life and see them for what just they are. Keep pressing and

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: