Tuesday, November 30, 2010

His Mercies

1 Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Psalm 51:1,11
(NKJV)


It is so glaring when man loses the Holy Spirit connection. He acts insanely and with reckless abandon and ultimately self-destruct. All of a sudden the 'programmed' now thinks he's more all-knowing, all-able more than the 'Programmer'. Only time will separate the two, but the wise knows that safe the grace of the Almighty God, man is nothing; but with a steady connection to the Creator, he is more than able to rise above self and his numerous life challenges. King David knew the secret of this and sought the mercies of God continually and longed to be in His presence at all times. Moses requested a halt to the journey of the nation of Israel unless the presence of the Lord went with them.

We never want to stray away for the Lord's presence. Cast me not away from your presence lest I misbehave and self-destruct. Your Holy Spirit is my GPS, Teacher, Mentor, Comforter, Friend, etc. His Leadership in our lives we need and in His presence we must always be.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: