Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our Life's Mission

O God, You have taught me from my youth; And to this day I declare Your wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, do not forsake me, Until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come.
Psalm 71:17-18 (NKJV
)


He was a shepherd boy with a heart for God, he pursued his calling with zeal, he took chances at life, enjoying sometimes with reckless abandon, yet his heart never strayed away completely from the Shepherd of his soul. He was never fuzzy or beclouded about his vision and mission.... "Declaring the strength of His Maker to his generation and His power to everyone who is to come".

In these words, I find deep revelation and connection to a calling. A calling every believer must latch steadfastly too. In the fulfillment of this is our sure testimony. Long when we are gone, the strength of our Maker and His power must continue to speak and manifest through our works, our lives and deeds. Let's make every moment of our days count for Him. That is the main mission we must never forget.

Be encouraged,

Afolabi

No comments: