Monday, May 17, 2010

Bold holiness

Friends,

Surely, you did not wake up this morning and fix your mind to do evil. Most likely, your plan today was to accomplish something worthwhile. To knock a few things off the to-do list. To be productive and valuable.

But what was your position towards evil?
Perhaps you didn't give it much thought.
Perhaps you decided that wanting to do the right thing was enough.

But why not be BOLD!

Psalm 101:3-4
I will set nothing wicked before my eyes;
I hate the work of those who fall away;
It shall not cling to me.
A perverse heart shall depart from me;
I will not know wickedness. - [NKJV]

King David makes a stunning proclamation in these verses. You and I both know that he was far from perfect, as he surely knew as well. Yet, here he is. Boldly declaring that he will have nothing wicked in his presence!

This is a terrific example for you and for me. Why not make a strong and courageous statement? Why not stand up and stand out? Today, I say to you that I will set nothing wicked before my eyes. I say that I shall not know wickedness in my heart.

You can say the same!

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: