Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Prayer Request

 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me. Psalm 66:18-20 [KJV]

As these times are continually changing, we are always hearing prayer request or asking for our own  prayer request.  How do we react?  Do we pray immediately?  Do we file it away for later?  How would we want them to pray for us?  

I know that when I am in need, I want my help to come soon.  Because I feel that power of prayer when someone lifts my name before the Lord, I want to be able to answer the prayer request quickly.  I also know that it is good to have someone wait for a special prayer time and lift your name before the Lord as well.  

One wrong way to answer a prayer request is not to talk to the Lord at all about the issue.  The other is not to believe that God can intervene.  When we believe that God will, God can. When we believe that God can, God will.  Let us make sure that we take action when we hear prayer requests.  Let us make sure that we believe that God will take action on our request.  Let us make sure that we do not forget to talk to God about everything.  Nothing is too large or too small to seek God's help. As we pray, remember that God will watch over and care for us.  Prayer requests will always make sense when we believe.

Be Encouraged,

Martin

No comments: