Monday, April 20, 2009

Yet will I trust Him

Friends,

The degree to which we trust the LORD cannot truly be known during the good times. It is only when we fully acknowledge His complete and total sovereignty ... even during times of hardship and tribulation ... that we can know whether really trust in God or not.

Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.
Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.
Job 13:15 [NKJV]
Recall that Job was declared righteous before God. He is never told why he must endure the affliction that he experienced ... and neither are we. Indeed, he cries out to the LORD for a reason, and receives none.

And yet, Job trusts in the LORD.

And so must you and I.
We must trust in His goodness, in His perfect judgment and will, and in His completely unconditional love for us. Then we can accept all that comes from His hand as good, and perfect, and overflowing with love.

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: