Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ministry's Source

Friends,

We have several friends who minister in what one might call an official capacity to the Body of believers. Over time, each has wrestled with the big questions of ministry... Is the ministry effective? Am I doing the best I can?

But these are not the most important questions. The most critical issue every believer must confront is this:
Am I doing what God wants me to do?

Ephesians 3:6b-7 [NKJV] ... emphasis added
His promise in Christ through the gospel, of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.

No ministry belongs to man. All belong to the LORD. Whether the work is done under the auspices of a recognized organization - like a church or a mission - or not, the work is assigned according to the will of God.

Every believer must ... daily ... pray that the LORD direct his steps (He promises to do so) in the path the advances the Kingdom of God. Then we will recognize that His will is being done.

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: