Monday, May 23, 2011

What every son longs to hear

Friends,

Lately, I've been reminded of the amazing healing that I enjoy because of my relationship with Jesus. I have been adopted into a family ... and I have been granted everything that the sons have received. It is difficult to declare one blessing greater than another. However, these words contain enormous power:

And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
Matthew 3:17 [NKJV]

These words were spoken over Jesus, and therefore they were spoken over me. My Father is pleased with me. No matter what wounds may have been caused by my natural father ... either through neglect, anger, or selfishness ... I know that I am loved, valued and affirmed by the Lord God in heaven.

Contemplate that for a moment. For if you are my brother or sister in Christ, you too are loved, valued and affirmed.

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: