Monday, April 25, 2011

Having a good night's sleep

Friends,

I know of no one whose life is completely stress-free. The enemy is hell-bent on denying us the peace that Christ has given us. Every possible means is employed ... work, family, finances, government. There is a purpose and a plan behind these attacks, and it is to cause you and me to focus on the problems of this life instead of on the LORD.

The solution and unassailable defense is to remember - at all times - the promises of God:

Psalm 3:5-6 [NKJV]
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the LORD sustained me.
I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who have set themselves against me all around.

If we believe that our sustenance is derived from our own efforts, strength, cunning, wisdom and capabilities, then when those things inevitably falter, we will fear the defeat that seems so imminent. But when we finally realize that it is God - who is Almighty and All-powerful - that sustains us, we can lay down and sleep without fear of any weapon formed against us.

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: