Friday, March 12, 2010

The Good Purpose

Friends,

Almighty God is calling you and me to serve Him. He does not call us to serve a religion, a profession, a cause or even a country. He calls us to be available and obedient to His voice. When we hear it, we may wonder how it could be possible that we could fulfill what He has called us to do. But take comfort knowing that you and I are not the first to have such a question.

Exodus 3:11-12 [NKJV]
But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?”
So He said, “I will certainly be with you. And this shall be a sign to you that I have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain.”

Of course, the LORD used Moses, flawed as he was, in many a mighty way. He can do the same for you and for me. It may not be as dramatic as parting a sea or defeating armies of giants. But He will use us for no less glorious a purpose ...
Advancing the Kingdom of God.

Be encouraged, Jose

No comments: